Out of the 1,257 hospitals in England, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is popular for being one of the country’s best. This hospital possesses the title of an internationally recognized private hospital that handles all patients, from newborn to elderly.
This hospital doesn’t only serve patients who are native to the United Kingdom. In fact, Bupa Cromwell embraces patient diversity with the consideration that they have served people from over 100 countries. This is also evident with the international celebrities they have handled, such as:
- Lucy Kibaki, Kenya’s former first lady
- Margaret Lockwood, an English actress
- Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, a Pakistani musician
Despite their already high standards, they seek to improve their services by investing in only top-of-the-line diagnostic and treatment technologies.
The Cromwell Hospital was established in April 1981 by the Bank of Credit and Commerce International. At that time, its main purpose was to administer health care to the Abu Dhabi royal family. It was designed by Holder Mathias; the construction was financed by Agha Hasan Abedi, a Pakistani banker, and philanthropist.
In 2008, the hospital had changed its name to “Bupa Cromwell Hospital”. This is because it was purchased by Bupa, the private health and care specialist. Since then, they have advertised the hospital as a place for Middle East patients.
It was reported in 2011 that almost half of the patients were from the Middle East. Additionally, about 40% of their patients in 2015 came from overseas.
Services and Specialties
The Bupa Cromwell Hospital was created with the purpose of being a revolutionary private facility. The hospital gained a reputable status for complicated procedures and great patient care. They continue to maintain their positive reputation up to this day.
From their phenomenal levels of expertise to have the world’s best medical equipment, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is able to provide clinical services from A to Z.
- Bariatric surgery
- Breast surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Chemotherapy day unit
- Colorectal surgery
- Craniofacial surgery
- CT scans
- Diagnostic services
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Gamma Knife surgery
- Gastro-intestinal (upper) surgery
- General medicine
- General practice
- General surgery
- Genito-urinary medicine
- Hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery
- Intensive care
- Liver and gastro-intestinal
- Memory Clinic
- MRI scan
- Nuclear medicine
- Nursing and medical care
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Ophthalmic plastic surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Orthopaedic and trauma surgery
- Orthopaedic medicine
- Paediatric allergy
- Paediatric audiological medicine
- Paediatric cardiology
- Paediatric dentistry
- Paediatric dermatology
- Paediatric ear, nose and throat surgery
- Paediatric endocrinology and diabetes
- Paediatric gastroenterology
- Paediatric general surgery
- Paediatric general medicine
- Paediatric occupational therapy
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgery
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Paediatric plastic surgery
- Paediatric speech language therapy
- Paediatric spinal surgery
- Paediatric urology
- PET/CT scans
- Plastic surgery
- Prostate cancer care
- Pulmonary rehabilitation (COPD)
- Respiratory medicine
- Speech and language therapy
- Thoracic surgery
- Transplant surgery - renal
- Vascular surgery
- Vascular ultrasound
If any of your loved ones is a patient at the hospital, you probably need one of the comfortable hotels near Bupa Cromwell Hospital to stay for the meantime. Because the hospital is located in central London, you can opt to stay at the Park City Grand Plaza Kensington.
The hotel’s location is just a walk away from the Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which makes it more convenient for you.
After being released from Bupa Cromwell Hospital, you can bring your loved ones over to comfortably recover at this four-star hotel. When they are better, you can visit many of central London’s attractions located around the hotel.
All of Park City Grand Plaza Kensington’s rooms come with:
- Air conditioning → keeps you and other transients comfortable
- Free Wi-Fi → update others regarding the patient’s condition
- Room service → friendly staff will be at your beck and call to assist
- Kid-friendly → children can stay at the hotel with a guardian instead of hanging around the hospital
- Restaurant → to provide exotic Malaysian meals
- Laundry service → just in case your loved one takes a while to recover
With an average rating of 4.3 / 5 stars, you should probably take this hotel into consideration. Because one of your relatives or friends are at one of the best hospitals, it is justifiable that you stay in central London’s best hotels.